Welcome, Guest

Mucus on eyes and licking paws?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mucus on eyes and licking paws?

Mucus on eyes and licking paws? 25 Aug 2016 04:27 #10176

• Sogogi110
  • Bear Puppy
I've had Mitzi for just over two months now. I've noticed two things, though. One is that she's constantly licking her front legs, just above her paws. I haven't paid enough attention to know whether she focuses on one or the other, but she's doing it all the time. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have fleas, since I took her to get a bath and trip a couple weeks ago and they inspected her and said she was pest free. Any idea what might cause this, and do I need to take her to the vet for it?

Second thing just started a few days ago. She's getting this weird mucus stuff on and around her eyes. It literally looks like somebody picked their nose and then wiped it on her eyes- sorry, but that's the best I can describe it. She acts like she can't even feel it, but then squirms when I try to wipe it off. I wonder if it isn't because, since she has such a flat face, she presses her nose straight into the ground when she sniffs stuff, and she might be wiping mucus from her nose further up her face? I dunno. Anybody have any ideas, and do you think I should take her to the vet for that either?

Re: Mucus on eyes and licking paws? 04 Sep 2016 23:37 #10177

I think a vet visit is on the cards, it could be allergies, there's numerous things that can irritate and once you know what it is you can illiminate it and she should be okay The eye mucus could be an infection and medication such as eye drops will clear it up. please let us know what the vet says
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

Quick Information

Akita Rescue & Welfare Trust (UK)

Registered Charity Number 1112054

Telephone 0845 260 2206 - calls charged at local rate.
Applications to adopt or rehome MUST be sent in writing via the forms provided.

Join Us Online

FacebookTwitter