Akita Rescue & Welfare UK - ARW - Akita Rescue & Welfare - Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! (1/19)

TOPIC: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not!

Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 12 years 1 month ago #3115

• akita1
  • Proud and Loud
  • Thank you received: 29
Hi All,took Zak to his new vet today to have this thyroid problem checked out,what a surprise when I arrived I was greeted by two luvverly young french lady vets( I didnt know honest ) anyway gave him a very thorough check over listened to what I had to say and told me they are almost certain that the problem with his tail and sores on his nuts are caused by having an enlarged prostate gland they took there time to explain everthing and suggested having him castrated,when I told them I wasnt keen on this due to his age they suggested that he has an implant its similar to a microchip and works for 6 months and I should start to see results in about 3 weeks so its back to vets thursday for the implant and looking foward to a nice thick bushy tail again. Bill & Zak.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 12 years 1 month ago #3116

• Stephanie
  • Trustee
  • Thank you received: 57
Was Zak as pleased to meet the ladies as you were, lol . I hope the Frenchies sort him out sharpish and that his tail soon has Basil Brush envious. We look forward to tail pics in the spring.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 12 years 1 month ago #3117

• AkitaInu
  • Calm before the storm
  • Thank you received: 13
My friend's gsd was castrated at 10 years old due to prostrate problems, he had no further issues with it and lived another 3 years.

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 12 years 1 month ago #3160

• manita0788
  • Akita Savie
  • Thank you received: 54
Yes Bill the jury's out on "not knowing they were two lurverly young female French vets" :lol: :lol: ...hope the implant does the trick & Zak gets his bushy Akita tail back very soon.....or you will become a regular visitor to the "vets" :lol: .....Pam Maya & Scoobie

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 12 years 1 month ago #3176

• Joomla
  • Trustee
  • Thank you received: 90
Finers crossed that the french female vets have found the right cure for Zak, though by the sound of it, you would'nt mind a few extra visits to the vets now !!!!

Re: Update Zaks thyroid problem-or not! 12 years 1 month ago #3178

• Hattiesmum
  • Calm before the storm
  • Thank you received: 15
wish someone would have a bright idea with my brushless girl. mind you the bottom half of the tail is now furry but as it reaches the tip - last years christmas tree springs to mind. do you think it starts at the bottom and slowly re furs towards the tip?